Lee Ledbetterâ€™s former architectural office occupied the street level corner of an 1828 French Quarter house in New Orleans. Having outgrown a former slave quarter apartment in the same house, the growing firm needed to take over the larger space which bore witness to a legacy of multiple former tenants: rooms with mismatched floor materials, walls colors and cabinetry. Attempting to unify the interior, Ledbetter replaced the various flooring with a self-leveling concrete that was then rotary sanded and waxed. The spaces were further pulled together with a palette of light colors and materials and ballet scrim-like window shades, reflecting light from the nine pairs of Italianate French doors around the perimeter.
|1996 Dec||Interior Design|